Minimum Requirements to obtain employment at AdvantagePlusCaregivers.com®
Our stringent requirements for all our caregivers assures that all of our personnel are properly qualified for their positions. This is fundamental to the reliability and quality of the agency, and also ensures a better work environment for all our co-workers, which ensures happier care recipients, which ensures a better life for everyone. (Check with the local franchisee for they may have other State and Local requirements)
Our minimum requirements are:
- All documentation MUST be the original - no copies of documentation is allowed.
- AdvantagePlusCaregivers.com® requires that all our personnel pass a criminal background check. This must be completed prior to starting employment at our agency.
- You must have U.S. work authorization (i.e. green card, work permit, social security number, etc.) and a valid government issued ID to apply with us.
- We require your Social Security card for our records.
- We need a copy of your driver's license, proof of valid car insurance, and a clean DMV printout of your driving record (no more than 2 years old) if your work assignment requires that you drive for the care recipient.
- All AdvantagePlusCaregivers.com® employees are required to speak, read and write fluent English. English does not need to be your first language, and knowing a second language is always welcome and often a valuable asset.
- We conduct random drug testing, and you may be required to submit to and pass a drug test before you are hired and/or at any time on the job.
Further minimum requirements are as follows:
|Babysitter||CPR & First Aid certificates||2 Years||Yes|
|Nanny||CPR & First Aid certificates||2 Years||Yes|
|Companion||CPR & certificates||2 Years||Yes|
|PCA||CPR & First Aid certificates||2 Years||Yes|
|CNA||CPR, First Aid & CNA certificates||2 Years||Yes|
|HHA||CPR, First Aid & HHA certificates||2 Years||Yes|
CPR = Adult, Infant, and Child Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation
First Aid = Basic First Aid or Community First Aid for Adults, Infants, and Children
The following is not required; however, we encourage bringing them in with you if you have them: Professional References, Letters of Recommendation, and any additional health care related schooling or training that you have completed. The more information available regarding your training and experience the higher your opportunity of being placed on a job.
When you have met all the minimum requirements listed above, please call one of our Care Coordinators to set up an application and interview appointment - we look forward to hearing from you!!
IMPORTANT NOTE: We use smartphone technology to make the movement of information instant and more efficient. Download and use of the APC App is free to our caregivers and will allow you to instantly send care notes and time sheets, receive instant notifications of job openings, allow you to confirm schedules and provide your care recipient data needed to help you provide the best care you can give. Though not required, it is highly recommended that you have or obtain a smartphone so you can enjoy the convenience and benefits of our APC App system.
If you meet these requirements then go to the next page and read "How to Apply".